Thursday, November 5, 2009

What's the point of religion?

Many times when I am praying, or reading from the bible, or waking up early on Sunday to go to church, people ask me..."Why do you do that?". People don't understand the point of believing in something and that blows my mind sometimes. Maybe it is because I was raised in a family that always had faith that it was easy for me to get up and go to church and to go to weekly meetings to discuss faith.

But my answer to everyone is always the same, "You have to believe in something".

Here is why. If you believe in something, God for example, then you believe there is something better, you believe there is something greater. That type of belief needs to be in every one of our minds. If we can't develope that type of mindset then we can never acheive our full potential. You must believe in something greater in this world to believe in something greater in your life. And when that belief becomes a reality in your mind, so will your expectations on life.

Personally, I use my religion as a confidence. I know that no matter what I do I will have God at my side. That is what gives me my "go getter" mentality. I have never been afraid of trying something new (except for some of the food my mother used to put in front of me). There is no reason, because if I fail, I know God will guide me to make good from the situation. It will either be a successful experience or a learning experience, or both, but there is no such thing as a bad experience.

So I tell you, the point of religion, the point of believing in God or a god is the same concept of believing in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment